Sports Massage Pro & Bodyworks
Our fast-paced life today.... the effects of days gone by,
leave their mark...
let today begin the rebirth
of your body & soul...
Not sure of the type of massage you would like.... no problem!
Many people feel the same.
We can talk about what type of massage pressure you like
and areas of pain or discomfort and then
'Soma Cupping, Essential Oils, Warm Stones and Kinesio Taping can be added to most massages
30m 60m 90m
What is Sports Massage?
Sports massage is a type of massage that is specifically tailored to sporting injuries or ailments. It is not meant to be a relaxing massage and, indeed, can become quite vigorous at times. Contrary to its name, sports massage is not only utilised by professional sportspeople or people that exercise heavily but by all who enjoy it's healing results.
4 types of sports massage
Pre-event: Work done only on muscles about to endure physical event- short & stimulating massage-30m -1hr light pressure .
Goal: warm & loosen muscles to make more pliable for the event.
Result: Improved performance, decrease injuries & secondary -relax the athlete.
Goal: normalize body’s tissues/muscles geared toward reducing muscle spasms and metabolic build-up that occurs with vigorous exercise.
Result: Recovery after competition involves not only tissue normalization and repair, but also general relaxation and mental calming.
Maintenance massage: one of my most popular massages: very client specific; focused upon clients training, sport & needs. For athletes looking to increase performance & increase competitive edge. Therapist zeros in on particular muscular groups& tissues. this massage is generally done in a series working up to event or during a training period.
Goal: optimize training while lessening the risk of injury, developing adhesions, repetitive motion injuries and muscular soreness/fatigue. Increases flexibility & range of motion. In my opinion - a crucial part of training/ maintaining optimism health.
Rehabilitation: alleviates pain associated with an injury/injuries.
Goal: optimize clients health through reduction of stress in areas surrounding injury, treating area of injury, direct healingandlessen/’direct’ the build-up of adhesions. Accelerate healing process.
Deep Tissue Massage
30m 60m 90m
The intention with this deep tissue massage is to:
-Remove muscular waste & build-up, create a freer flowing movement. reduce muscle tension... rejuvenate!
*A Client Favorite*
30m 60m 90m
Swedish Massage techniques
- Intended to promote relaxation
- Stress relief and overall wellness
- Gliding strokes with light to moderately deep pressure, kneading movements, circular pressure
& stretches are used.
30m 60m 90m
Neuromuscular Therapy or Trigger Point
- Specific finger pressure on points that are tender or painful with a goal of breaking cycles of spasm and pain.
- These points can be sensitive because of acute trauma, chronic strain, repetitive stress, or under use.
-With a trigger point, you will typically feel pain radiating to another area of your body.
MA-YO - Sports Massage Pro Original
This special treatment is a combination of massage and yoga. In each position, I will work on muscles while employing involvement from the client. The client is in yoga clothing( tank top/ lycra or stretchy pants or shorts) The different positions are typical yoga asana positions, including different sitting styles and stretching of the torso and limbs. This method allows me to work deeply to release troubled or problem areas while relaxing other muscles. A session takes 90 minutes
Thai Massage(Nuad-Bo) Northern
- Deep but gentle blend of stretching and massage used to promote healing, relieve pain, and improve posture.
- According to Thai culture more than 70,000 “sen”, or energy lines, exist within the body.
-This massage applies pressure to the 10 most vital “sen” using the palms of the hands, thumbs, elbows, and feet through a series of slow, rhythmic compressions.
- Gently moves your body into yoga-like poses that open joints, increase flexibility, relieve tension.
- Client wears their own comfortable 'gym' like clothing.
Happy Feet/ Reflexology Treat
Foot Massage aimed at specific pressure points to release tension and create a sense of comfort and relaxation throughout your entire body.
Thirty or Sixty minutes.
SMP's Lymphatic Treatment/Therapy 60m
Feeling sluggish & run down.....
try lymphatic massage
- Slow, gentle pressure with soft pumping (wave-like) movements, encourages the lymph to flow in the direction of the lymph nodes where the lymph fluid is filtered and then returned to the blood.
- Hugely effective for those in cancer remission & recovery with Lymphadema
-Excellent for allergy sufferers or those cleansing!!!!
- Specializing in the Berube Technique
*Note: this type of treatment is not to work out 'knots' and adhesions.
This treatment is light touch.
Hot Stone Massage Journey
- Warm stones glide over your body, heat radiates deeply into the muscles to provide stress reduction, deep relaxation & relief from physical pain. The stones are used as an extension of the hand. The warmth and smoothness of the stones induces a deeper level of relaxation. The massage favorite! Not Available on site
Pregnancy Massage Journey
A wonderfully healthy treatment for the mommy-to-be! This massage relieve immense stresses placed on weight bearing joints, assists in maintaining healthy circulation, proper posture, reduces swelling & pain. Helps reduce & relieve sciatic pain. A must especially during the last months!
*For 2nd & 3rd trimester
Hawaiian Lomi Lomi Journey
Based on the Hawaiian philosophy
called Huna that simply stated
'Everything seeks harmony &
everything seeks love ' .
Lomi Lomi works gently yet deeply into the muscles with continuous, flowing strokes, totally nurturing the body & enabling the recipient to relax, give in & simply be...
A very light touch massage.
An intuitive journey for the body & soul...
What to Expect
- Review health history or any new issues you would like to focus upon.
- Keep in mind the need to communicate if an area feels tender or sore,or if you are not comfortable.
- We ask that if you discover that you have a transmittable illness , poison ivy, fever 0r transmittable illness etc, before your appointment that you call to reschedule. We want to keep everyone safe and healthy. Thank you.
-Please arrive a few minutes before your scheduled appointment. Thank you!
Your Appointment Awaits You... 978. 884. 6283
Please kindly give 24 hour notice in case of cancellation.
No shows & cancellations of less then 4 hours before
appointments hurt and are unfillable
You are responsible for payment of the booked appointment time.
In the case of no shows & gift certificates,
your gift certificate will be considered 100% used for booked time.
Thank you for your understanding.
Your appointment time begins at booked time in consideration
to the clients that follow your allotted time.
If this is your first visit please allow 15 minutes for intake etc... thank you.